Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Delancey 2


So I made to Delancey on Wednesday, must have got there about 530ish or so and there were a few open tables, lucky me!

I sat down after riding my bike there (I rode right past it one time, it is unmarked on the outside as far as I can tell. But from reading the blog and seeing the photos of the place, I recognized it as I swung back around), hungry and thirsty. I was quickly served and ordered a water, a Chuckanut Helles, and a Padron pizza.

As you can see by my picture, I destroyed that thing! It was fairly easy to do, I mean the pizza was by far, the best I have ever had, period. I know some of you have tried the pizza that I make, and said it was good. While I agree about that, compared to this creation above, there is no competition. This makes my pizza look and taste like a generic frozen pizza from the grocery.

The crust was a combination of a light and chewy goodness, just done enough to hold it together in the middle while the outside edge was burnt to just the right level of crispness. I found it provided a very nice flavor spectrum while eating a slice from the middle to the crust. The tomato sauce (I am guessing it was home made) was light and fresh, providing the perfect amount of acidity and palate balance. The cheese was also portioned perfectly. Just enough to melt and provide a salty stringy bight, but not enough to drown out all the other delicious flavors. The peppers were not too hot and brimming with a nice smokey flavor.

I look forward to going back and trying other pizza's and dishes. This pizza place is a big hit, get there and see for yourself.

fyi, the rest of that pizza and beer perished after I took the photo. They are survived by a very satisfied biker.

No comments:

Post a Comment