Saturday, October 31, 2009

Boo!


Happy All Hallows Eve! I was just carving up some jack-o'- lanterns and I thought "Hey! I should take some pictures and post a blog post." So I am.

I love squash. It is very good for you. I mean pumpkins are chock full of good stuff for you. And the seeds? Don't even get me started!



Soaking in salt water after a rinse

Of course while I was doing all this, I was also cooking a meal for myself. For some reason, even though I have never had it before, I was particularly craving beans and toast. So I toasted some bread, buttered it up, heated up a can of black beans with some spices (chili powder, onions, oregano, onion powder, salt and pepper) and placed a heaping spoon full on the buttered toast. See...


Mmmm...

It was delicious! Of course, being the pro protein person that I am, I also added a dollop of cottage cheese on top of these as well, of course, after I took the picture.

Now for some scenery!
Tree


Leaves



No comments:

Post a Comment