Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cookie Attack!!!


The Aftermath


No seriously, I woke up Saturday under attack by the baking bug. Don't laugh, this isn't funny. I had no choice in the matter. So I baked a few batches of cookies.



Chocolate Chip


The first one I made was a standard chocolate chip, but the recipe I found and used called for a 1/2 cup butter and 2/3 cup sour cream. I did not include the unsweetened chocolate and I may have added a little extra vanilla. These are by far the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. Soft, moist, tender with a great chocolate chip to cookie ratio i.e. these cookies are packed with chocolate chips! (there's no such thing as too much chocolate)


In the fridge, M&M sugar cookies waiting for a baking.



The next batch I made was a sugar cookie that I added nutmeg and cinnamon to and added both dark and milk chocolate holiday M&m's.



Trail Mix Cookies



The third cookie I made I just followed the Chocolate chip base recipe and instead of adding chocolate chips I added a bag of trail mix and some cayenne and cinnamon (Next time I make these I am going to make my own trail mix to add instead of using a store bought bag). They turned out much hotter than I anticipated, but were still pretty dang good.



Also in each batch I also added a splash of Chaokah brand coconut milk and a dash of fermented coconut water. You know, just to make things interesting.

Happy Holidays.
Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment