Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Morning Muffins




Yeah, I made muffins on Sunday morning, so what?


I had the good fortune to have some garden fresh zucchini's and it was either muffins or bread.


Here is the recipe I used (I used nutmeg, cinnamon, and walnuts. Oh, I also used 1 & 1/2 cup white flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup oats. And I used 1/3 cup butter and substituted the rest equal parts vanilla yogurt, 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and apple sauce. Also, I added 2 tsp pf HealthForce SuperFoods MacaForce). Man, I really get out of control sometimes when I alter recipes. I only experiment to make things more healthy and healing for the people who eat it. It is just one of my ways of showing appreciation and acknowledgment to people in my life.


The outcome? The muffins turned out pretty darn good, I must say. Despite the fact that I had made both the wet and dry mixed components before realizing I had exactly zero muffin papers for the tin. So that created a mid muffin making grocery store jaunt to get those. I was able to pick up a coffee while out also, so all in all it turned out to be a great thing.




Post training Snack

1/2 avocado
1 can tuna, drained
4-5 olives stuffed with garlic
salt & pepper



Also, here are some links I have been meaning to throw in the blog:




These are all places I sampled when I attended Voracious. BTW, great event for the money, I highly recommend it. Also, buy the tickets as soon as possible, it sells out. As for the goods sampled, these places were pretty darn good.


Oh, and when you're in the mood for chocolate, eat Dalene's Raw Ecstasy bar not this.



Will It Blend?
Raw Superfood Smoothie

Grape Fruit (peeled), ginger, garlic, pepper, goji berries, blue berries, macaforce, earth, cats claw, 1/2 jalapeno, raw cacao powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, juice of one lime, half a cucumber, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, fist full of cilantro, celery, and a couple of stalks of whatever this is.


This



Minimal Acceptable Amounts of ginger and garlic to be used in my smoothies

It blended!

It turned out a bit thick, so I had to use a spoon to eat it, but it was tasty, zingy and zippy. And really really energizing! So this, some pumpkin seeds, a coffee and a zucchini muffin is what will sustain me today.


Joshua

p.s. Shipwreck Tavern, West Seattle, Aug. 28th, 10pm.


The Roommate who sheds a lot


No comments:

Post a Comment