Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Snacks

These were some vanilla cupcakes I made, that I topped with vanilla frosting and habanero sugar sprinkles, they turned out amazing. 



It was a nice alternative to the old standard of spicy chocolate, in fact, the vanilla and spice worked very well together.




I bought some nettle infused raw honey at the Fremont Market recently, and man it is great! My jar is almost empty. At first I was just spreading it on buttered bread, which was great. But then I just started eating by the spoonful. Then, I added a few raw almonds to it. I think I may have found the perfect snack.


The exact honey is from Brookfield Farms, their web site is waking-wild.com. At the Fremont market, Ian (At least that is what I think his name was...) was there who is the head bee keeper at the farm. A very nice gentleman who makes a great product.


Give it a try, you just might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment