Friday, March 8, 2013

What time is it?

It is beer time. Well, actually it is beer time almost all the time. But in this case, it is my beers beer time. In other words, home brewing has been done and bottling and drinking my own is a sweet labor of love.

Here is what I bottled the other day; a nice looking porter. It was from a kit, so there is that. I mean all I had to do was follow the instructions (thank goodness I can sorta read) and sanitize things well, and BAM. Beer.




Yesterday was The Elizabeth Stations 1 year anniversary. It is a great beer place in Bellingham (which in case you unawares is where I reside as I attempt to complete my training, I mean degree).

One of the workers had the honor of teaming up with Two Beers brewing to make a Rye Pale Ale for this event. Which is just great for both of them. Two Beers is one of my favorite beer companies, and Joel is a great owner. When I first moved up to Bellingham I asked wherever I went if they had Two Beers; sometimes they did and sometimes they did not. But I am glad they and the Elizabeth Station are doing well.

I don't go to the Station as often as I would like, I am a broke college student after all, but one time I went there the on tap was a sour beer from Epic Ales that was brewed with shiitake mushrooms. I love mushrooms and this beer was epic (don't goolgle just the word "epic" btw, especially on a school computer).

I did some hunting while I was at the anniversary party, which means I spent lots of time in the walk in cooler. Which was fine as the Station was packed to the hilt. The beer service line was moving swiftly, and it actually took me three trips through it to finish one pint. So yeah, they were on their game.

And I found a bottle of the Bog brew, and bought it.


I can't believe how long it has been since I have updated this page and actually practiced my writing. That will have to change in a very big way. 

What else is new? Quarters almost done so I am procrastinating by writing this blog update. Surprised? You shouldn't be. 

I attended the 2013 ECCC and saw the Valiant panel, then had bought a comic and the owner/CEO took my copy to ALL the people who worked for Valiant and had them sign my copy. It was pretty sweet. 

There were tons of great comics and artists there, but aside from the Valiant signing I also did get to see Patrick Stewart speak at the end of the day. That was a very nice way to end the day and the weekend. 


Check ya later blog readers. 

Yours Truly,
J Dizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment